Access for All
It Takes a Village to Raise a Child
At the Santa Fe Children’s Museum, we give special credence to the adage that it takes a village to raise a child, and we’re working hard to build bridges in our community where none existed before.
Through collaborations with organizations that have a broad community reach, institutions like ours are in a unique position to provide thousands of children every year with supplemental educational opportunities that positively reinforce a love of learning and the value of healthy social interactions.
All of our children and families deserve access to the museum. We welcome everyone, without discrimination.
See our discounts if cost presents a challenge for your family.
Community Access Program
The Museum seeks to improve accessibility, promote awareness of resources, and foster a love of learning and community through these programs:
- Title 1 Field Trip Program: Field trips to the museum are free for Title 1 schools.
- Stargazer: Stargazer presentations are free to all public schools.
- Monthly Birthday Party Program: We offer free family admission passes (for up to 6 family members per pass) to at-risk children so they can celebrate their birthdays here at the museum. This is offered through a partnership with Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD).
- Foster Family Membership Program*: Foster families and recent adopters receive free family memberships.
- Families must be named by CYFD.
- *This program is subject to grant funding.
The Museum offers sensory-friendly tools, just ask at the front desk.
Sensory-Friendly Family Fun Nights, coordinated with the Behavior Change Institue, occur throughout the year. Check the Calendar for upcoming events.