Visit the Museum Outdoor Space & Garden
We are excited to welcome you to our newly named and enhanced... BACKYARD!
Although the inside of the Museum remains temporarily closed for a little bit longer, our acre-plus naturalized space is available for all visitors to enjoy!
Explore new exhibits, activities, and have fun in nature!
During our more than one year of temporary closure, the Santa Fe Children’s Museum, a nonprofit organization, missed out on revenue from admissions, birthday parties, field trips, and special events.
However, we are proud that we have continued to serve our children and families with high-quality educational experiences including Virtual Field Trips, Grab and Go Kits, COVID-Safe Camps, and visits to our Backyard. The Santa Fe Children’s Museum appreciates the continued support of its donors and members who have helped to make this happen!
SATURDAY: Open for families with children of all ages
9:00 am - 10:30 am
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
1:30pm - 3:00 pm
Regular- $10 per person
*Discount- $8 per person
*Discount offered to the whole family group with a card/name tag that verifies any of the following:
First Responders, Military, Teachers, Senior Citizens (65+), Essential Workers (per New Mexico Guidelines), SNAP benefits, Current receipt of Unemployment Benefits, In-state resident
(Admission is always free for children 2 years and under)
If visiting is cost-prohibitive, please email us at email@example.com
Prepare for your Visit:
Before you make a reservation, and on the day of your visit, make sure that everyone in your family party that intends on visiting can answer “NO” to these questions:
1. Do you or anyone in your household have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, repeated shaking with chills, loss of taste and/or smell, red/ glossy eyes, nausea, vomiting, congestion, or runny nose?
2. Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
3. Do you or anyone in your household have a pending COVID- 19 test?
Make a Reservation:
Visitors must select a date below to reserve their 90-minute session time:
Plan for Play:
- Arrive early!
- Face mask are required of all guests
- Water bottle filled with water (fountains are shut off)
- Entrance ticket (printed or on your electronic device)
- Groups who made their reservation at a discounted rate will need to have an individual to verify such status (name tag/card/Identification)
- All guests will have a non-invasive temperature check prior to entrance. Any individual displaying a temperature of more than 100.4°F (38°C) will not be allowed entry. They will be able to reschedule for a later date or receive a refund.
- The number of family parties who can play in an area will be posted at each outdoor exhibit.
- Plan to avoid the use of restrooms. Since we understand that this isn’t always possible with young guests, they will be available, for emergency purposes only.
- All visitors MUST leave at the end of their reserved time, regardless of arrival time.
- You can collect any pre-ordered Online Museum Gift Shop items upon leaving.
- All museum staff/volunteers will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests are required to wear multi-layer face coverings unless eating/drinking. We are not currently accepting medical exemptions. Wearing masks helps protect our staff and other guests.
- Temperatures will be taken of all guests.
- To ensure social distancing, we are limiting each session to a maximum of 50 people in our acre-plus outdoor space. Groups will be asked to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from each other.
- Per New Mexico State Public Health Order, groups of more than five (5) people are not permitted. Please do not arrange to meet other groups of friends or families.
- To minimize face-to-face contact, tickets must be purchased online in advance!
- Water fountains are not available.
- Staff will sanitize the outdoor space between each reservation session.
Thank you to the New Mexico Highlands Media Arts & Technology Department for their contributions to the Backyard!
- All day Saturday, July 31, 2021