Visit the Museum Outdoor Space & Garden
Outdoor Space and Garden
The inside of the Children’s Museum remains temporarily closed.
We are excited to welcome you back to our Outdoor Space and Garden! Our acre-plus naturalized space is now open for visitors!
Explore new exhibits, activities, and have fun in nature!
During our more than one year of temporary closure, the Santa Fe Children’s Museum, a nonprofit organization, missed out on revenue from admissions, birthday parties, field trips, and special events.
However, we are proud that we have continued to serve our children and families with high-quality educational experiences including Virtual Field Trips, Grab and Go Kits, COVID-Safe Camps, and visits to our Outdoor Space and Garden. The Santa Fe Children’s Museum appreciates the continued support of its donors and members who have helped to make this happen!
WEDNESDAY: Wee Wednesday
**Open for groups with children under 5 only**
9:00 am - 10:30 am – Storytime on the lawn at 10 am
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
1:30pm - 3:00 pm
**Admission is free!** (Available through Wednesday, June 2nd)
SATURDAY: Open for families with children of all ages
9:00 am - 10:30 am
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
1:30pm - 3:00 pm
Regular- $10 per person
*Discount- $8 per person
*Discount offered to the whole family group with a card/name tag that verifies any of the following:
First Responders, Military, Teachers, Senior Citizens (65+), Essential Workers (per New Mexico Guidelines), SNAP benefits, Current receipt of Unemployment Benefits, In-state resident
(Admission is always free for children 2 years and under)
*When booking your visit, be sure to click the drop-down menu for all pricing options*
If visiting is cost-prohibitive, please email us at email@example.com
Prepare for your Visit:
Before you make a reservation, and on the day of your visit, make sure that everyone in your family party that intends on visiting the Museum garden can answer “NO” to these questions:
1. Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, repeated shaking with chills, loss of taste and/or smell, red/ glossy eyes, nausea, vomiting, congestion, or runny nose?
2. Does anyone in your household have the above symptoms?
3. Has anyone in your household been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
4. Do you or anyone in your household have a pending COVID- 19 test?
5. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are you still positive?
Make a Reservation:
Visitors must reserve a date and session time (90-minutes) online.
Plan for Play:
- Arrive early!
- Face mask, as required by executive order of the Governor of New Mexico.
- Water bottle filled with water (fountains are shut off)
- Entrance ticket (printed or on your electronic device)
- Groups who made their reservation at a discounted rate will need to have an individual to verify such status (name tag/card/Identification)
- All guests will have a non-invasive temperature check prior to entrance. Any individual displaying a temperature of more than 100.4°F (38°C) will not be allowed entry. They will be able to reschedule for a later date or receive a refund.
- The number of family parties who can play in an area will be posted at each outdoor exhibit.
- Plan to avoid the use of restrooms. Since we understand that this isn’t always possible with young guests, they will be available, for emergency purposes only.
- All visitors MUST leave at the end of their reserved time, regardless of arrival time.
- You can collect any pre-ordered Online Museum Gift Shop items upon leaving.
- All museum staff/volunteers will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests are required to wear multi-layer face coverings unless eating/drinking. We are not currently accepting medical exemptions. Wearing masks helps protect our staff and other guests.
- Temperatures will be taken of all guests.
- To ensure social distancing, we are limiting each session to ten families – a maximum of 50 people in our acre-plus outdoor space. Groups will be asked to maintain a physical distance of 10 feet from each other.
- Per New Mexico State Public Health Order, groups of more than five (5) people are not permitted. Please do not arrange to meet other groups of friends or families.
- To minimize face-to-face contact, tickets must be purchased online in advance!
- Water fountains are not available.
- Staff will sanitize the outdoor space between each reservation session.
- All day Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- All day Saturday, April 24, 2021
- All day Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- All day Saturday, May 1, 2021
- All day Wednesday, May 5, 2021