Visit the Museum Outdoor Space & Garden
We are excited to welcome you to our newly named and enhanced... BACKYARD!
Our acre-plus naturalized space is available for all visitors to enjoy!
Explore new exhibits, activities, and have fun in nature!
During our more than one year of temporary closure, the Santa Fe Children’s Museum, a nonprofit organization, missed out on revenue from admissions, birthday parties, field trips, and special events.
However, we are proud that we have continued to serve our children and families with high-quality educational experiences including Virtual Field Trips, Grab and Go Kits, COVID-Safe Camps, and visits to our Backyard. The Santa Fe Children’s Museum appreciates the continued support of its donors and members who have helped to make this happen!
Backyard play included in Open Museum admission!
Plan for Play:
- Arrive early!
- Face mask are required of all guests
- Water bottle filled with water (fountains are shut off)
- All museum staff/volunteers will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests are required to wear multi-layer face coverings unless eating/drinking. We are not currently accepting medical exemptions. Wearing masks helps protect our staff and other guests.
- Temperatures will be taken of all guests.
- To ensure social distancing, we are limiting each session to a maximum of 50 people in our acre-plus outdoor space. Groups will be asked to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from each other.
- Per New Mexico State Public Health Order, groups of more than five (5) people are not permitted. Please do not arrange to meet other groups of friends or families.
- To minimize face-to-face contact, tickets must be purchased online in advance!
- Water fountains are not available.
- Staff will sanitize the outdoor space consistently throughout the day