VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS
Let US be YOUR Guest!
**Free for all schools**
We invite you to join us for a dynamic interactive learning experience. Have Planetarium Coordinater Asis Gonzalez come right to your screen to deliver live-streamed education on a variety of STEM-related topics.
Every show meets the following state standards per grade level:
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive
- STEM Ready!
- Common core standards
We offer the newest technology in interactive software to take your class to the furthest corners of our universe (on Zoom or Google Meets, etc) – from deep space to the bottom of the ocean floor – there is no limit to where you can travel on a Santa Fe Children’s Museum's Virtual Field Trip!
**Each Virtual Field Trip features an interactive lecture (30 – 60 minutes, depending on grade level) & a live Q & A session with our museum STEM educator/expert.**
A shorter program can be adapted for younger learners and topics can be adapted to your class.
In person visits can be scheduled in Northern NM (especially for rural and Tribal schools) with a minimum of three classes scheduled on the same day, and a dark room to set up a projector and meet the class.
- Grades Pre-K –2 (specific content varies and is tailored based on grade level)
- Fun in Space: An Introduction to Space Science ~Most Popular~
- Astronomy Program (all ages) – uses a mixture of programs like Space Engine, Universe Sandbox and Stellarium (can be up to an hour and other topics range from 30-45 minutes)
- Plants and Animals: An Introduction to Life Science
- Grades 3-8 (specific content varies and is tailored based on grade level)
- Physical Science: Earth and Planetary Science
- Life Science: Biology and Ecosystems Science
~BILINGUAL SHOWS & SPANISH-ONLY SHOWS AVAILABLE~
Do you know a teacher/someone who may be interested in booking a Virtual Field Trip? Win 6 passes to the Museum if someone you refer schedules a Virtual Field Trip with us!
"We enjoyed these presentations immensely! They were an awesome change to our new normal... Thank you so much for providing us with this opportunity!"
"It felt like we were interacting together despite the virtual space between us! I would recommend this experience to all elementary educators."
"The guest teacher did a great job keeping the 1st graders engaged throughout the presentation. The students asked questions and enjoyed the presentation. I would recommend this for all grade levels."
Private Parties & Special Events
A Virtual Field Trip is a perfect interactive activity for virtual birthday parties or any organizational events!
$55 per 30-minute show
$85 per one-hour show
Have fun in space with one of these party themes:
Stars | Planetary Science | Galaxies | Black Holes | Space Exploration
Learn about the Earth through these shows:
- Evolution of life (Not Just Dinosaurs)
- How the Land Beneath Your Feet Moves over Time!
*CONTENT CAN BE MADE TO FIT THE INTERESTS OF YOUR GROUP! (Fun for adults/children of all ages)
Funding support available for those who qualify (i.e. non-profit partners, service programs, etc)
Not in New Mexico? Not a problem!
The Santa Fe Children's Museum is happy to provide our Virtual Field Trips to anyone...ANYWHERE! We will present to you wherever you are!
(505) 363-5424 (text preferred)