BUILD Your Imagination
Become an Imagination Warrior and Make IT on Mondays at the Santa Fe Children’s Museum! Jump into weekly hands-on engineering fun for children ages 6 & up. Complete a new DIY maker project led by our bilingual STEM Educator each Monday night.
Drop-off and Pickup times will be staggered. Your group time will be assigned and emailed the week prior to the first Monday of the Session.
Drop-Off: 3 pm – 3:15 pm
Pickup: 6 pm – 6:15 pm
Drop-Off: 3:15 pm – 3:30 pm
Pickup: 6:15 pm – 6:30 pm
$195 per child/per 4-weeks Session (includeds all materials for projects)
DROP OFF YOUR CHILD FOR: Museum Play, Project in the Maker Lab, Outdoor fun/snack time!
- The Santa Fe Children's Museum will follow New Mexico's COVID-19 safety and cleaning guidelines as determined by NM DOH and CDC to ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff.
- Guests must be local residents or live within a 50 mile radius.
- As an Informal Educational Institution, we will operate under 25% capacity with no more than 10 individuals together at one time.
- All children are required to bring and wear their own face covering at all times, except when eating.
- Each group will be in their own classrooms practicing physical distancing of six feet apart and not intermingle with the other groups (unless from same household).
- Physical distancing of at least 6 ft apart will be enforced.
- COVID-screening and temperature checks will take place upon arrival each day.
Materials & Personal Property
- Each child/household will have their own personal “project bucket" of supplies
- Guests will bring their own snack
- Supplies will not be shared and personal food will stay away from others.
- Personal water bottles are allowed.
Session 1: Star Warriors *Full*
Spark your imagination and challenge your jedi-like skills!
(Mondays: October 5th – October 26th) | Ages 6 and up
October 5th: Lightsaber
Light the way with a one-of-a-kind LED sword you build!
October 12th: GlowCloaks
Craft a mysterious cloak that lights up at the push of a button!
October 19th: Gauss Cannon
Shoot for the stars by harnessing magnetic energy
October 26th: Bristle Bots and Doodle Droids
Build a bot from a toothbrush and an artsy droid that draws!
Session 2: Move it, Maker!
We like to Move It, Move It! From cars to planes, this 4-week session will have you soaring to the clouds, and racing down the track!
(Mondays: November 2nd – November 23rd) | Ages 6 and up
November 2nd: Race Car
Build your very own battery powered race car!
November 9th: Air-Play
Move air with your vortex cannon and motorize paper planes!
November 16th: Motor Boat
Make a splash and build your own mechanical cork boat!
November 23rd: Hovercraft
Construct a one-of-a-kind hovercraft that can glide over any surface!
All registrations canceled one week prior to the first Monday of the Session will be fully refunded. Refunds of any kind are unavailable for cancellations with less than a week's notice of the first Monday of the Session. Prorated refunds will be granted to any child & their group in case of a program cancelation due to COVID-related illness.
If finances are an issue: Apply for a Scholarship
If you are experiencing challenges due to COVID-19 in maintaining safe and secure housing, nutritional food, reliable utilities and transportation and access to health insurance, resources may be available at santafenm.gov/connect or sharenm.org.
- Monday, October 26, 2020 at 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Monday, November 2, 2020 at 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Monday, November 9, 2020 at 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Monday, November 16, 2020 at 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Monday, November 23, 2020 at 3:00pm - 6:30pm