Wee Explorations Camp
Have FUN this Fall!
3 days a week
For children ages 3-5
*Must be potty trained*
Drop-off and Pickup times will be staggered. Your group time will be assigned and emailed the week prior to camp.
Drop-Off: 8:45 am- 9am
Pickup: 2 pm – 2:15 pm
Drop-Off: 9 am – 9:15 am
Pickup: 2:15 pm – 2:30 pm
9 weeks of 9 different explorations for your wee ones! Register for 1, 2, 3...or all weeks!
Every week will include themed Explorations through:
- Art, Science, and Cooking Projects
- Early STEM and Literacy activities
- Interactive Storytime with music and movement
- Indoor and Outdoor playtime
Books, songs & sensory items will reflect the weekly theme!
The Santa Fe Children's Museum has reorganized the way in which camp will be administered following
New Mexico's COVID-19 safety and cleaning guidelines as determined by NM DOH and CDC to ensure the health and safety of all campers and staff.
- 10 Children: 1 Adult ratio
- Campers must be local residents or live within a 50 mile radius.
- Drop-off/pickup times will be staggered.
- If grouped, children will be in the same group and with the same staff member each day.
- Each group will be in their own classrooms practicing physical distancing of six feet apart and not intermingle with the other groups (unless from same household).
- All children are required to bring and wear their own face covering at all times, except when eating.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 ft apart will be enforced.
- COVID-screening and temperature checks will take place upon arrival each day.
Materials & Personal Property
- Each child/household will have their own personal “project bucket" of supplies for the activities and "exhibit box" of toys to use for the week.
- Campers bring their own lunch and two snacks.
- Supplies will not be shared and personal lunches will stay a part from others.
- Personal water bottles are allowed.
Register for as many weeks as you'd like!
Week 1: EarthWorks Explorations (9/15 -9/17)
Find veggies in the Museum Garden, make a bird feeder for fall, and do a seed investigation. This week is inspired by nature!
Week 2: Silly Solar Explorations (9/22 - 9/24)
Using the sun and science as your teacher- Make silly face pizzas in our solar ovens, design your own sunprint, and build a sundial that really tells time!
Week 3: Artsy Autumn Explorations (9/29 - 10/1)
Jump into the colors of fall! Make art from leaves, practice your letters with a stick alphabet, and conduct colorful science experiments.
Week 4: Shadow Play Explorations (10/6 - 10/8)
Dance to your shadow and play with puppets. Draw at different times of the day to see how your shadow changes, shine a light on your favorite storybook character, and conduct experiments with the lights off!
Week 5: Dr. Bones-Super Skeleton Explorations (10/13 - 10/15)
Build a skeleton from Q-Tips, make bones from bread, and make your funny bone laugh out loud with great books and games to learn about your body.
Week 6: Creepy Crawlies Explorations (10/20 - 10/22)
Eeek! Is that a spider or your hat? This week little ones will have fun digging for worms, making snacks that look alive, and weave their own colorful webs.
Week 7: Pumpkin Power! Explorations (10/ 27 - 10/29)
Celebrate the power of our friend, the Great Pumpkin! Make pumpkin flubber, roast pumpkin seeds and carve a jack-o-lantern to take home.
Week 8: Dia de Muertos/ Day of the Dead Explorations (11/3 - 11/5)
Honor your family as we decorate sugar skulls, design masks and explore bilingual storytime.
Week 9: Transportation Explorations (11/10-11/12)
Go, go, go! Learn about things that go vroom and zoom! Paint with tires, experiment with magnet trains, and design the perfect paper plane.
Is the week you want full? Get on our >> WAITING LIST <<
Help a child attend camp & donate to our Camp Scholarship Fund
Camp Refund Policy:
All registrations canceled one week prior to camp will be fully refunded. Refunds of any kind are unavailable for cancellations with less than a week's notice. Prorated refunds will be granted to any child & their camp group in case of a closure due to illness.
If finances are an issue: Apply for a Camp Scholarship
If you are experiencing challenges due to COVID-19 in maintaining safe and secure housing, nutritional food, reliable utilities and transportation and access to health insurance, resources may be available at santafenm.gov/connect or sharenm.org.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 8:45am - 2:30pm
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 8:45am - 2:30pm
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 8:45am - 2:30pm
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 8:45am - 2:30pm
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 8:45am - 2:30pm