Please visit the Dept. of Health & Human Services “We Can Do This” initiative’s website for information and resources about COVID-19 vaccinations for children ages 5 and up, including Frequently asked Questions for Parents/Guardians About COVID-19 and the Vaccines.
Santa Fe Children’s Museum is CDC compliant and since reopening in August we have made changes to keep you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. Some of the new operations include adjustments to our cleaning procedures, guest guidelines, exhibit availability, occupancy, and more.
Fully Vaccinated Staff
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- Team Members are required to wear KN95 face masks
- All Museum staff, volunteers, and teen mentors have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Employees have received comprehensive COVID-19 safety and sanitation training to ensure they understand and feel confident managing the physical distancing & hygiene aspects of their roles.
- All Museum staff will undergo a daily health screening before coming to the Museum and are required to stay home if feeling sick or with any COVID-19 symptoms
- The Museum has a new air purifier with a MERV 9 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) maintained efficiency air filters that meet all published hospital filter efficiency guidelines
- Two mobile Envirco IsoClean CM HEPA filtration systems with UV, 120VISO has been installed. These are used in our classroom spaces, camps, and other key areas where children and families gather. The IsoClean® is used as a positive pressure clean air recirculating system in clinics, waiting rooms, hospital emergency rooms, and other confined areas or as a partial or complete exhausting system to create a negative pressure isolation room for possible use with patients known or suspected of having TB, SARS or other infectious diseases.
- All doors and windows will remain open throughout the day, weather permitting
- Water fountains are unavailable
- All touchables, toys, and high touchpoints in exhibits will be cleaned consistently throughout the day and the Museum will be thoroughly cleaned upon closing each day
Access & Guests
- All guests will have access to the newly-named, Backyard, outdoor space & garden, which is included in all indoor museum admission and available for play during their visit, without a reservation
- The Gift Shop will be open for in-store shopping in addition to our online store and curbside pickup
- Following the CDC guidance for schools and other programs and spaces for children, Santa Fe Children’s Museum recommends face masks for everyone older than two years old. This is for the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and especially our friends who are too young to be vaccinated
- Indoor capacity will be closely monitored by staff to ensure safe and comfortable play for all
Camps & Programs
Santa Fe Children’s Museum is CDC compliant and has made changes to keep you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. Some of the new operations include adjustments to our hours of operation, admission, exhibit availability, occupancy, upgrades to our HVAC & air purification systems, and more.
Additionally, we will continue to monitor and modify all recommendations to ensure that all visitors have a comfortable experience at the Santa Fe Children’s Museum. At the heart of all the policy that SFCM is abiding by is the mission to keep all of your campers and our staff healthy and safe.
We remain committed to delivering a fun and educational camp experience for all!
- Children will be in the same group and with the same staff member and mentor each day
- Each group will be in their own classrooms practicing physical distancing of three feet apart and not intermingle with the other groups (unless from the same household)
- It is optional for children to wear masks to camp. All staff and mentors will wear a face covering.
- For safety reasons, aftercare will be held in one of our classrooms
- Please refer to the recommendations on travel
Materials & Personal Property
- Each child/household will have their own personal cubby which will contain all of the supplies for the week’s activities
- Supplies will not be shared and personal lunches will stay apart from others
- Personal water bottles are allowed – tap water will be available for refills
- No use of microwave will be permitted
- Please label all personal items, jackets, hats, lunch boxes, etc.