Museum Open Play
After a year of patiently anticipating a responsible time to reopen, the immersive exhibits and memorable experiences you love are now ready to welcome you back!
COME IN & PLAY!
**NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED**
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 10:00 - 6:00 pm*
Thursday - 10:00 - 7 pm**
Friday - 10:00 - 6:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 - 6:00 pm
Sunday - Closed
*Special programming for toddlers on Wednesday mornings
**Free Admission on Thursdays for guests under 17 years old from 4:00 pm – 7 pm
- All children under the age of one
- Museum Members
- Guests 17 years old & younger -- on Thursdays from 4:30 pm to 7 pm
NM Residents, EBT, First Responders, Senior Citizens (65+), Military, and Teachers (with proof of verification): $3.00
PLAN FOR PLAY
Santa Fe Children’s Museum is CDC compliant and has made changes to keep you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. Some of the new operations include adjustments to our hours of operation, admission, exhibit availability, occupancy, and more.
Take a look at some of the Museum updates:
- The Museum has a new air purifier with a MERV 9 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) maintained efficiency air filters that meet all published hospital filter efficiency guidelines.
- All doors and windows will remain open throughout the day, weather permitting.
- Water fountains are unavailable.
- All touchables, toys, and high touchpoints in exhibits will be cleaned consistently throughout the day and the Museum will be thoroughly cleaned upon closing each day.
- All Museum staff (18+) have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Employees have received comprehensive COVID-19 safety and sanitation training to ensure they understand and feel confident managing the physical distancing & hygiene aspects of their roles.
- All Museum staff will undergo a daily health screening before coming to the Museum and are required to stay home if feeling sick.
- Team Members are required to wear face masks
Access & Guests
- All guests will have access to the newly-named, Backyard, outdoor space & garden, which is included in all indoor museum admission and available for play during their visit, without a reservation.
- The Gift Shop will be open for in-store shopping in addition to our online store and curbside pickup.
- To help protect all children, guests, and staff, all visitors are required to wear face masks throughout their visit, unless eating or drinking. (Children under two years old are not required to wear a mask)
- We are not currently accepting medical exemptions.
- Indoor capacity will be closely monitored by staff to ensure safe and comfortable play for all
>> WEEKLY PROGRAMS <<
Storytime for Toddlers ~ 10:30 am
Thursdays are Yours Days!
Seeds and Sprouts Backyard Program ~ 10: 30 am – 11:30 am
**Open an extra hour! (Museum closes at 7 pm)**
Fine Art Fridays
2 pm – 4pm
Feeding of Cornelius the Snake ~ 1 pm
Science Saturday ~ 2 pm ~ 4pm
We take photos of our guests at play to be used in media and promotional materials! Please speak to a Museum Team Member during your visit if you prefer not to allow use of footage involving you or your family.
- All day Friday, September 17, 2021
- All day Saturday, September 18, 2021
- All day Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- All day Thursday, September 23, 2021
- All day Friday, September 24, 2021